Thursday, July 11, 2013

It's so Freaking hot!



Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.
Russell Baker

I don't know about you but I just can't handle the heat any more. I remember being a kid and playing out  side in the hot sun all day long. The sun and sand never bothered me. Between baseball..rollerskating .. swimming..  and various other childhood activities..my days outside gave me a nice summer bronze while turning me into tow head blondie. As a teen.. I would ride my bike all over town with my friends in 90 degree heat ..  and think nothing of it.
My sissy's and I would lay out in the "Back "( I'll explain the "Back" in another post)  on the black asphalt slathered in baby oil and iodine to get the perfect tan. Loved it!
Then I had my first child and the sun and heat became the enemy. I don't know what happened..a chemical change.. hormones perhaps? All I know is... I never liked to be in the sun again. I would take the kids to the lake vs. the beach because of the trees and shade. I have 30 sunscreen on at all times. If it's 85 or over the air conditioning is blasting and I don't venture out until dusk. Now that I have hot flashes to add into the mix.. I find summer unbearable..even poolside!
I guess there are benefits from not doing sun as an adult. Fewer wrinkles? Less age spots? Not really sure.. but that's what my dermatologist tells me ever time I go in for mole patrol. All I know is that it has been HOT..MUGGY and unbearably HUMID in Connecticut! I'm miserable and very crabby. I long for  frigid temperature as I dream of winter!

I posted some tips that I discovered on the net to help keep us hydrated. If your read this.. I hope it helps ..Stay Cool!


http://healthyliving.msn.com/nutrition/7-refreshing-foods-to-help-you-stay-hydrated#1

No comments:

Post a Comment